Kalari Immersion In India
Time & Location
About The Event
Visiting India to train the body and mind, or rejuvenate through Kalari treatments has been the tradition for hundreds, if not thousands of years, and is a unique experience. The people, the colour, the food, the ceremony, the energy, the laughs, the practice…all come together to create something beyond words.
WHAT THE TRIP INCLUDES
- 1 to 3 weeks training and treatment at Udaya Kalari Sangham (design a schedule according to your needs)
- Homestay accommodation in local village and home-cooked ayurvedic meals
- Pre travel holistic health consult with Ramona from Kalari Healing
- Prana Chikitsa session in India with Alana from Kalari Australia
- Weekly theory on Kalarippayat, Mindfulness & Ayurveda
- Optional excursions to Kadathanad Kalari (different style of school) and local towns
FURTHER INFORMATION & BOOKINGS
This trip is suited for people who are interested in health, culture, and experiencing life as it is in village India. We will be living with local people in rural areas, training and receiving traditional healing treatments with Gurukkals who are used to teaching and treating local people. Accommodation is basic and many of the luxuries we are used to in the West will not be available. An attitude of openness, gratitude and acceptance, and a willingness to go with the flow is a must! te something beyond words.
- Kalari Treatment: $1100 per week
- Kalari Treatment: $850 per week
*NB: Choose any combination of training and treatment for the 3 week duration. Single weeks available but preference will be given to participants committed for the full trip.
Alana’s background is in environmental science, Yoga, martial art, mindfulness, and their underlying philosophies. A dedication to studying concepts of harmony and nature through traditional and modern sciences came about due to life’s challenges, and the desire to face difficulty and live peacefully with herself and others.
Alana now travels between India and Australia continuing to study and teach the philosophies and practices which her teachers share with her. She is an advocate for a holistic approach to life and health (Soul Strong Society) and is involved in a number of ongoing community health projects.
Through Kalari Australia, Alana hopes to pass on the knowledge which has been shared with her in a way that respects Kalarippayat as an art form capable of connecting us to our true nature, to each other and to the world around us.
- Ayurvedic, Kalarippayat practice & treatment, Pranayama, Vipassana meditation studies - INDIA
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training (Level 1) / Mindfulness in Schools / Mindful Self Care Programs / Wellness Coaching – AUSTRALIA.
- Registered Level 2 Yoga Instructor (Yoga Australia)
Alana has studied Kalari practice and treatment under the following Gurukkals:
- Gurukkal C.M Sherif, Kerala Kalarippayattu Academy, Kannur, Kerala, INDIA
- Gurukkal Madhu Pudduppanam, Kadathanad K.P.C.G.M Kalari Sangham, Calicut, Kerala, INDIA
- Gurukkal Aswin & Mereena: Dakshina Bharata Kalari, Kochi, Kerala, INDIA
- Gurukkal Lakshmanan: Hindustan Kalari Sangam, Puthiyara, Kerala, INDIA
RAMONA LALITA YAGNIK
Ramona began studying Kalari Healing and Martial Arts in 2009 in Australia. Since then she has made several trips to India to study and train with her teacher and Guru, Sat Guru Hanuman Das, the founder of the Kalariyil Dharmikam Ashram in Kerala.
Ramona is also a qualified Naturopath who graduated from the Endeavour College of Natural Health in Melbourne. She assists clients with various conditions and develops preventative strategies in all areas of health and well-being.
Ramona focuses on educating individuals about their health and the underlying causes of dis-ease. She is dedicated to researching client cases with a comprehensive approach, is compassionate, full of energy, and works with integrity and respect.
– Currently studying Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultancy with the American Institute of Vedic Studies.
Vipassana meditation studies since 2007
Kalari Healing Practitioner and Martial Arts Instructor (Dharmikam Ashram, Kerala, India)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) at Endeavour College of Natural Health, Australia
- Cert IV Massage Therapy at Endeavour College of Natural Health, Australia
- Bachelor of Business (Management) at Monash University, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Japanese) at Monash University, Australia
Ramona has studied Kalari practice and treatment for over 8 years under the the guidance of:
Sat Guru Hanuman Das, the founder of the Kalariyil Dharmikam Ashram, Parasuvaikkal, Trivandrum, Kerala.